Measurement and Monitoring
Measurement and Monitoring solutions aim at the precise capturing and recording of network infrastructure resources and traffic flows in order to provide sound management processes that optimize the network, provide network security or provide enhanced application support.
Our expertise reaches from basic network measurement algorithms that capture the resource and environment conditions up to the use of monitoring information to enhance application functionality in e.g. cross-layer composition approaches.
Our key assets and tools are:
- Packet Tracking – a measurement solutions to provide precise path and path quality measurements
- OpenIMP – an open source measurement platform for flow-based measurements
- libIPFIX – a library that provides a protocol to export and aggregate measurement information
- Omaco – a monitoring and management solution to provide key perfiormance indicators of resources and services
- Network Management System – a zabbix based monitoring and management solution that aggregates measurement data and provides these over an API to further applications